Korea’s spring season is what I am yearning after that forever like winter spell. The weather is getting warmer and flowers will soon start to bloom in the entire peninsula. Soon, those beautiful spring flowers and great weather will be the source of everyone’s smile.
There are numerous spring flower festivals in Seoul and around Korea. These are in fact the main reason why this season is much awaited. Spring is actually short, so if you want to get the most of what pleasure it can give, be ready and plan out.
Here is my list of Spring Flower Festivals in Seoul and the countryside which I visited.
- Yeouido Cherry Blossoms Festival. It will run from April 1-9, 2017. This festival is the most popular in Seoul and has the longest array of cherry blossom trees overlooking the Han river.
Direction: 1) Dangsan Station (Subway Line 2 or 9), Exit 4. 20 minute walk.
2) Yeouinaru Station (Subway Line 5), Exit 1. 20 minute walk.
3) Yeouido Station (Subway Line 5 or 9), Exit 5. Take Bus 162, 262, or 461 to National Assembly Bus Stop.
4) National Assembly Station (Subway Line 9), Exit 1 or 6. 5 minute walk
2. Forsythia Festival or Eungbong Mountain Forsythia Festival. Small yellow flowers covers the entire Eungbong mountain.Runs on first week of April every year.
Direction: Eungbong Station (Jungang Line), Exit 1. Walk straight for 271 meters, and take a right at the first-three way intersection. Turn left again at the next three way intersection. Go straight for 274m to arrive the venue.
3. Azalea Festival/Wonmi Mountain Azalea Festival. Mountain covered in soft pink and bright pink azaleas.Festival will run from April from 2nd week of April.
Bucheon Sports Complex Station (Seoul Subway Line 7), Exit 2.
Go straight 500m and then turn left at the end of the Bucheon Sports Complex (부천종합운동장) building and continue 200m to arrive at the venue.
4. Icheon Baeksa Sansuyu Flower Festival. An hour away from Seoul. Cornus Yellow flowers. Festival will start April 7-9, 2017.
Direction: Take a bus bound for Icheon at Seoul (Gangnam) Express Bus Terminal (travel time: 60 minutes / 06:30~22:00, bus services available every 30–40 minutes)
Take a bus bound for Icheon at East Seoul (Gangbyeon) Bus Terminal (travel time: 60 minutes / 6:10~22:40, bus services available every 15-20 minutes)
From Icheon Terminal take the festival shuttle bus in front of Wedding convention, as you exit, walk on your right about 1 minute. Visitors and locals are waiting there in line. (bus services available every 30 minutes) or take a taxi (fare approximately 10,000won)
5. Taean International Tulip Festival. Million of Tulips in a themed display. Festival will start from April 13 to May 10.
Direction:From Dong Seoul Bus Terminal, take an intercity bus to Taean.
From Taean Intercity Bus Terminal, take a village bus bound for Gomseom 곰섬 and get off at Morenon Bus Stop. (Estimated travel time: about 1-hour)
6. Jinhae Cherry Blossoms Festival. Holds a splendid view of cherry blossoms.
Direction: From Seoul Nambu Bus Terminal, take an intercity bus to Jinhae. From Jinhae Intercity Bus Terminal, go 30m straight and turn right onto Jungwondong-ro Road.
Walk 350m straight, and stay left at the fork. Go 230m to arrive at the festival venue.
7. Boseong Green Tea Festival. A green tea plantation.
Direction: From Seoul Express Bus Terminal, take an intercity bus to Boseong (보성).
Or, from Seoul Express Bus Terminal, take an intercity bus to Gwangju (광주).
From Gwangju U-Square Bus Terminal, take an intercity bus to Boseong (보성).
From Boseong Bus Terminal, take a Boseong-Gunhak (보성-군학) route bus to Daehan Dawon (대한다원).